Friday, June 22, 2012

Starting off Post

Starting off post:

I am VERY new to the raw diet, to be exact I just started it on Monday of this week.  I want you to walk through my journey of becoming a rawtarian (not sure if that is a word, but I make up words a lot LOL).  I live with my other half and he is pretty much the opposite when it comes to food so for his sake I am not going to go 100% more just 60-75% raw....oh who am I kidding it that is for both of us.  To be honest, I don't know that I will ever be able to go 100% mainly because I love dairy products (IE milk, cheese, creamer), eggs, and my coffee/tea.

 Why raw you ask?
 For me, it is all about the health benefits.  I know a lot of people do it because they don't like animal cruelty which I do agree on that point, but I personally am tired of feeling like I do.  I did some research on the raw diet before deciding to do it.  I found out that not only will you look and feel great from even just going 50/50 raw but, it can actually cure your health issues!  I have high cholesterol, pre-diabetic, and a whole slope of other health issues that run in my family brought on by an unhealthy diet.  I hate medications and my cholesterol has become so high that the doctors tried to put me on something for it but I broke out in allergic reactions to it (3 different tries).  When I read about the raw diet, I found that it is a VERY good diet for people like me........hence my journey as a rawtarian. :-)

Future post will be about my experience on this journey, recipes I try (credit where due), and recipes I have come up on my own with.  Not all recipes will be 100% raw as I may use SAD cheese or milk, but if I do I will say so and you can always substitute it to be 100% raw.
+

So far on this raw experience of mine I am pleasantly surprised by how well I am adapting so who knows maybe one day I can do it 100% of the time only time will tell.   

Anyways that is all for now,  Sunday I will do one lump for the week of what I have tried so far and what I think.....then I am going to try my best to keep you all updated daily. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment