Friday, July 11, 2014

Hey all; Long time no speak!

I know it has been a long time and I apologize for that......but I am back at it and I promise I will try to post at least a little something daily if not here than definitely to my facebook group.  Feel free to join, it is a closed group to help others feel more safe to share.   https://www.facebook.com/groups/gettinghealthywithbrenda/

It is about the journey not perfection. I started my journey on June 29, 2014 so I am very new at this. I was a vegetarian before I moved to Atlanta, GA 4 yrs ago but not vegan. I was a pescatarian because I did occasionally eat fish. When moving here to live with my SO I started eating whatever I wanted which included LOTS of junk food. With that came a good 50-70 lbs, low self-esteem, depression, and lots of other bad things.

Anyways I decided I am taking back control of my life!


Just in the few short weeks I have been vegetarian/vegan (not 100% vegan yet) I feel so great even my SO says he can tell a difference in me.  The only reason I am not 100% vegan yet is because I am a firm believer in using what you have in the pantry first, but I don't have to eat any of the meats in my freezer because my SO has no problems with that.....getting him to at least even try one of my vegetarian or vegan meals is another story LOL. 

BTW here are some pictures of the yummy goodness I have made so far in my journey.





No comments:

Post a Comment