Monday, July 2, 2012

My alternative Mojito Smoothie

My alternative Mojito Smoothie

I got this ideal from the original raw Mojito Smoothie that I posted on my blog, but since I didn't have all the ingredients for that I used what I had in the fridge. 

    *Romaine Lettuce, 2 cup, chopped
    *Banana, fresh, 1medium sliced
    *Lactaid Fat Free Milk, 2 cup or if you are doing it as
     a fully raw smoothie use your choice of nut milk
    *Strawberries, fresh, 2 cup, halves
    *Fresh Mint, approximately 18 grams (I used one full
     box of the organic mint herbs you can buy at the
     grocery store in the veggie section)
    *Lime Juice, .25 cup
    *agave Nectar Light 3 tbsp
    *Cucumber (with peel), 1 cucumber sliced and halved

Put all in blender and mix till smooth......
Go slow on the mint and lime juice, I like to have a sweet and sour taste so mine was great but it may be strong for the weak LOL.

Serving Size: 1 cup is 1 serving; makes 5.5 cups

I found these great resources to talk about the benefits of the lime and the mint: 
http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-lime.html
http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/herbs-and-spices/health-benefits-of-mint.html

1 comment:

  1. This tastes great fyi......super easy and tasty and it really tastes like a mojito :-)

    ReplyDelete